Schools for Strategic Partnership

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Name: Zuzanna Opuchlik
Role in the project: Student

  1. What were your impressions from this trip to the Czech Republic?
I generally enjoyed the trip. I got to learn more about Czech Republic and see the country. The part that I liked the most was sightseeing in Prague. I think that the city is very beautiful. I also liked the fact that we had an opportunity to meet students from other countries. By staying with Czech families we could  learn about their culture and homelife. We got to experience Czech Republic even more. There were also some downsides. One of them is that on all the trips the group of Czech students was travelling separately. We had no chance to spend time with them  during the day, when we would have a better opportunity to get to know the. Also, in my opinion, some of the activities we were doing were more suitable for younger students and weren’t really interesting for me. But overall I think the trip was a great opportunity that I wouldn’t get to experience otherwise.

  1. The focus for this trip was upon the concept of water. What is your personal thoughts on water usage and has it changed since/ during this trip to Czech Republic?’

Before the trip I was well aware of the fact that we have to save water. It is the source of life for all the animals and plants on Earth. During this trip I learned new things about water from the presentations students prepared. I also realized that in some places water is very polluted and due to that animals are not able to live there. A visit to hydroelectric power plant was very interesting. We get to know how it all works and that water is able to generate big amounts of electricity. It is a great alternative source of energy that is not dangerous for our environment and as we saw from the example can be incorporated into nature so that we can’t even see it.


  1. What was your most memorable part of this trip to the Czech Republic and why?

The most memorable part of the trip for me was the sightseeing in Prague. This is the first time I’ve visited Prague and I really enjoyed. The city is very beautiful. What I remember the most was walking across the Charle’s bridge on the first day. The sun was setting and we could admire the view of the river and the city.  I’m sure it will stay long in my memory.